rants of my life. clubs. music. people. relationships. love. hate. sports. sex. terrorists. money. luck.



Morning Rants


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Got woken up from my friend's call in her office. "Hey, Melvin's AutoCad cannot run. It says need to activate before using." "Errrrrrr, then you activate it then can use already lorrrrrrr." I slurred. "Can't leh, it says can't access the internet" "Huh? Errrr, ok give me 5 mins"

I went to my computer, downloaded a remote administrative program whereby you could install it and someone can access and run your computer over the internet. I attached to an email and sent it over. Then I called. Before I spoke, she said,"Hey, dunno why. Now can use already.. Then the CD that got stuck in the CD-ROM managed to eject."

Overall everything turned out fine without my intervention. Can't they just call me around 10 minutes later!?!? By then they would have realised that everything is fine and I wouldn't be deprived of my winks!!!!!!!

Since I'm in front of my computer, I checked out the news today on asiaone.com.

"CitiBank Platinum Card Goes For Snob Appeal"
http://www.asiaone.com.sg/st/st_20050415_311433.html

Overall, the bank finally launched the Platinum card. Hmmm, how come I never heard anything of that? But then again, I read on and I found a few excerpts interesting.

Citibank reckons that competitors have 'cheapened' platinum cards by making them more accessible.

'What people want out of a platinum card is not so much about income accessibility or how they can get it.' 'That's because it will, overnight, cheapen your brand.'

To project an image of a card that is a class above the rest, Citibank's ad campaign to promote the latest offering sniffs: 'In life, there are contenders and there are pretenders. But in the sea of platinum cards, only one card stands out - Citibank Platinum Card.'

In my line of work during my period there, while talking to cardholders, some are really snobbish. I mean... I know how much you are earning... And it's barely above gold status requirements and you're boasting to me that you are holding someone's platinum card and we don't have them. And the reason for this is that you WANT me to waive off your annual fee for you. Although your father lim pei me has the power and authority to do that, why would I want to approve it? Besides you're a platinum card holder, are you so cheap? Usually these kind of people I decline whenever I get the chance and show them the middle finger in my mind. Lol.

To some who says the bank lousy lar, don't have platinum card la, other banks offer them la, I would say "Excuse me, we do have platinum card. However, the annual fees are $1000 a year and it's only by INVITATION only. That's probably why you never heard of it. * Coz we bloody hell didn't invite you coz you make not enuff money *. There's also one called the Ultima card, well.. For that, the annual fees are $2000. " My reply usually requires the customer to call the ambulance. Because they got their foot stuck in the mouth after hearing me.

It's true Singaporean are hao lian people. We go after the 5 Cs, our LV wallets, etc. Simply the pleasures in life that probably can't be justified in practicality cents. I mean.. What did the cow eat to produce a $2000 LV handbag!?! Anyway, if you make enough, slurge.

However please dun try to show off your platinum card to a Citibanker. It just makes us wanna laugh and tells us what a cheapo you are. It is simple gestures like these that tells a person's character.

What about me? I have a debit card. And probably fine with that.


0 Responses to “Morning Rants”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from replica469. Make your own badge here.

Previous posts

Archives


Links