rants of my life. clubs. music. people. relationships. love. hate. sports. sex. terrorists. money. luck.



Software Implementation over the weekend


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Since last Friday, I have been busy doing up some computers and implementing them at a friend's company. The company was previously using pirated software (courtesy of *ahem*) and decide to switch to the real McCoy. Overall the cost of their software was around $15,000 and I had to reformat and backup every single one of them. Argh. Eventually after around 20 over manhours from Saturday till Sunday, the whole company is almost 90% legal compliant with the Business Software Alliance (still got 2 PC not yet converted due to some logistical reasons). Hopefully they don't call me for any helpline during this week...


Hot Zone. Intel Pentium 4 2.4ghz , 512MB DDR and 4 SATA/2 IDE Harddisks running RAID 10. Using Promise TX4200 4 Port SATA RAID card and TX2000 2 Port IDE RAID card.
Effective 320GB with real-time mirroring and additional 320GB for scheduled backups.


Here I was, all alone in the company, creating a mess that no one would want to see.

PS All pictures recently taken using my Razr V3 which is so 'my love of the moment' but probably won't match Hwei's new ipod with bose speakers..

I would to thank James(my cousin) here for being such a wonderful help in the process. Without you I'll probably be half-way in Windows Server 2003 dunno where to debug all the problems.

Anyway, just finished up the last computer and went to get some supper before going home. Then I surfed to my SIM website and to my horror, the date of my first exam is on Monday! Apparently someone misinformed me or I heard wrongly. That means I won't get much sleep tonight.. Neither would I be able to go 'qing ming' tomorrow.

Sometimes I wonder why am i so blur at times... Argh..


0 Responses to “Software Implementation over the weekend”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from replica469. Make your own badge here.

Previous posts

Archives


Links