rants of my life. clubs. music. people. relationships. love. hate. sports. sex. terrorists. money. luck.



The reasons why I listen


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm on leave for Wednesday and Thursday. Now come to think of it... Why didn't I take leave on Thursday and Friday instead? In that case, I would have a super long weekend. But anyway, was in absolutely no mood for that as this two days are for me to solve some of the problems that had plagued me for quite sometime. Or else it'll be bad for me in the long run, colleagues are commenting that I've been looking glum lately. :(

Went for some drinks and to look for a friend who was spinning at MIA yesterday night. Although it was quite deserted due to it being a Tuesday night, I was treated to a live performance by two guys who absolutely had the voice and skills. Alas to say they neither seemed to have the looks nor package, else they would have been in Singapore Idols. Then again it seems that they didn't make it through(they did took part) due to their age. Well, they did mention idols not talents ya? Hahah.

Someone commented that I never seemed to talk about myself, rather introvert type that keeps things to themselves. I heard her mention this on two occasions. I'm pretty surprised! I beg to differ. The actual fact is that I've learnt that people tend to talk more about themselves rather than listen to others. It's a fact. That's why this blog is all about ME. Coz now you are in a state the mind that is now interested to find out and know about ME. (o-o) oh.. not because you're just all about yourself? Er, maybe but who cares right?

Few people are good listeners, I've observed at work. Person 1 talk about something, person 2 simply ignore, talk back to 1 about something else. If I was person 1, simply pissed. Hurz. Let the others do the talking, don't waste my time and saliva. Some would rattle on about themselves and their problems, the rest hafta smile out of politeness. Isn't it a torture? I'll rather talk about something that concerns everyone.

People who like to talk all the time, will soon realise that no one wants to listen to them anymore. Because it's a 2-way communication process, not 1-way. Simple as that. Would you want someone to listen to you and give advice? That someone would also like the same thing too.

I don't mind listening to others coz I like to listen to their experiences, work, etc. In fact, I like to probe for details even. I even got friends in the undertaker business - heck, they even coincidentally handled my grandfather's funeral. They assured me they'll do a good job.

Through listening, you can gather info of which you can process to present it in a informative format that you can comprehend and derive decisions which you can make to your own advantage for the intention of self-satisfaction or profit. <-- conjured pure bullshit of a line. lol

Hahaha, I sounded like a lecturer.

My bad.

To her who said I keep all to myself - I will only tell you if you are sincerely interested. Or else I might just be wasting my time. :) I wish for happiness for you be it me or someone else. :)


2 Responses to “The reasons why I listen”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I really liked your blog.
    I have a similar debt relief group site. It pretty much covers debt relief group related stuff.

    You are welcome to check it out :-)

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    U listen? my foot ah... everytime got things call me... i listen listen give u my thoughts, encourage u... now and thn ask u hows the problem...u??? knn mai gong liao lah... whn u ask how im doin??? worst still.... all u do is bring me down... demoarlise me... can steady abit anot... no action @least morale support abit lah...

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from replica469. Make your own badge here.

Previous posts

Archives


Links