rants of my life. clubs. music. people. relationships. love. hate. sports. sex. terrorists. money. luck.



First day of training


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



After my usual routine of sending grandma to market then to the cafe, I immediately rushed home to grab a shower and change into my attire for my new job. I also bought a new tooth whitening toothpaste along the way - gotta create a good impression on my first day of work. People judge you by first look, from top to bottom and bottom to top. I know because I like to judge people alot. It's a habit that eats me up because every little thing I don't like about this person I see, I'm gonna make sure it doesn't appear on me. Ends up that I tend to be extremely self-conscious of my appearance and behaviour and even the way,tone that I speak to people.

Anyway, I can't drive for nuts because CBD costs $2 and parking for a while costs $3 in Suntec and this is gonna take the whole day so I took public transport. Straight bus to Suntec, waited only a while for the bus to arrive(i'm feeling lucky) and walked 10 mins to Millenia Tower. I'm getting immerse sense of dejavu because I haven't done this in a long while, like taking a bus and walking along Suntec. Feels good! And it's more peaceful on a working day than the surging crowd on weekends - I steer clear of that man.

Learnt more in-dept about how credit cards and overdraft facilities function and how credit banks squeeze consumers dry with their killer 24% interest rates. "Or else how Citibank have such a nice office in the CBD for you people to work in?" my in-charge told me. I sniggered and replied,"Ya man.." Anyway, credit cards are fine as long as you always pay what you owe in full. Suppose you charge $500 to it this month, your statement comes, you better pay back $500 or whatever you owe will be charged 24%p.a interest. You no longer have credit benefits, anything else you charge next month while still you still owe the bank money will automatically be slapped with interest. Understand? Good.

Officially I start work on monday in office wear. So today gotta go get some business attires to stock up on my bare cupboard. Since it's my first office job (I never had a job that required me to don office wear) so I'm gonna invest in some solid shirts and pants now. Probably a book titled "How to survive in office with bus loads of woman" lol i'm laffing my ass off on this one.

Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays are killers. After work I gotta rush to SIM at night to attend 3 hours of lectures. Then since i'm not driving, it's gonna be a long way home... Leslie got 'direct bus to my house', nncb lucky bastard!!!

Tuesdays and Thursdays probably can go back together with tab, since she is working at suntec, but she always OT, poor thing.


0 Responses to “First day of training”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from replica469. Make your own badge here.

Previous posts

Archives


Links