rants of my life. clubs. music. people. relationships. love. hate. sports. sex. terrorists. money. luck.



Tonsillitis


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



On Tuesday morning, while doing some of my errands, I decided to see a doctor which was conveniently situated beside the place I was going to. The doctor was a lady who was quite chirpy and attentive to what I was complaining about. I had a sore throat, a fever seems to be brewing and my nose was quite stuffy. So she prescribed me some meds and tell me to watch my health and stop doing this and that.

Upon about to pay for the medicines, the counter lady told me the price. "WTF" I tot. $79 for a couple of meds and a Flixonase Nasal spray? "Oh I adjusted the price for you already. And this spray is 150metres, normal one is 100meters. Come on.. I got it for free when I was in NS last time and I didn't even use 5 times as I found it ineffective unless you consider spray then it was good at that department.


That night after I came back from lessons, my face was burning and I rushed home to take the meds. My dad saw me and was shocked at my body temperature. He immediately put me on the "ice-blanket" treatment where I got covered up by ice towels from my head to my upper-body. The 2nd night, I couldn't sleep as my fever still maintained a persistent 38.5degrees(thanks to a thermometer given by the goverment to NSman during the SARS period. This time I really opened up and use. LOL.)

Man that was one hell of a night. Unable to sleep at all and my whole neck was emitting heat like an engine, affecting other body parts. I stopped eating the meds that &$#(@* doc gave me because I suspected she prescribed wrongly. That night I laid on the sofa thinking when a cardiac arrest would come and claim my soul. I kept hallucinating that the Grim Reaper was trying to come and claim my soul. A mixture of dry cough, blocked nose and aching muscles made this a terrible night to pass. Kept drinking water in hope to break the fever but each time I measured, it hovered above 38degrees. Oh man!



This morning, I hit a historic high of 39 over degrees. A bit more and I'll probably suffer from brain damage. My elder brother sent me to CGH and I patiently waited for the doctor to see me. Upon seeing my throat and tongue, he declared... You have Tonsillistis!
I expected that though, after wondering throughout the night that this was no ordinary fever. My tonsils were inflammed and infected so he gave me some meds. He assured me that I don't have to cut them out yet. (Thank God) I took the opportunity to show him what the previous lady doctor prescribed. He took a look and said,"Hmmm, you don't cure tonsillitis with this" It's not effective enough. I wanted to throw a pig head into that clinic that moment.

And the consultation plus a whole lot of medicines costed only $65. Hope I can sleep tonight.

Regards,
Mr. Tonsil Wreck


0 Responses to “Tonsillitis”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from replica469. Make your own badge here.

Previous posts

Archives


Links