rants of my life. clubs. music. people. relationships. love. hate. sports. sex. terrorists. money. luck.



The Memphis Belle


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





I just watched the Memphis Belle DVD, courtesy of my 2nd bro Khang who borrowed it from his friend. I watched this show on LD (anyone still remember the big ass Laser Disc format?) in my secondary school years if I still remember correctly.

It is a war story about this particular B-17 bomber who was going on her final 25th mission to bomb the Germans and her crew. Very inspirational story about how they overcome the odds to finally come out of it alive and become war heros. I just found out that the last member died recently on 1st Oct 2005. He was 85 and his wife who's name was on the plane itself during those years stayed with him till the end and accompanied by his descendants.

Very oldies type of movie, a refreshing change from the usual Hollywood movies that I watch. The hairstyles of the 1940s, their sense of fashion, their culture, their way of life. So much different then. Although it was the war era, you can feel how free they were then, not much worries. Life was hard but it had meaning. I'm still pondering over the meaning of mine, as well as what to do with it! Haha.

Studies, work, money, material things. Is life just all about these things?

Back to my studies. ZzZz.


0 Responses to “The Memphis Belle”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from replica469. Make your own badge here.

Previous posts

Archives


Links