rants of my life. clubs. music. people. relationships. love. hate. sports. sex. terrorists. money. luck.



The Art of Clubbing


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It's time to mellow down. November seems to usher in the era of clubbing because the hot topic nowadays is 'chionging' (tasteless word to use by the way) but for me, tonight i'm just gonna stay home, listen to some jazz CD which I bought in town the other day and clear my backlog of paperwork at home. Bills.. Filing... Thinking of what to do with the rest of my computer stock... The mere mention of it gives me headache. Ideas ideas where art thou?

I'm going to boycott Devils' Bar. It's really rubbish. The atmosphere suck, the songs are horrible and the ventilation is not working if there is one. The crowd control is sub-standard. The bouncers are incompetent, only know how to carry balls with members and friends of the boss but with the exception of one, who helped me find my car key when I lost it a few months back. Please give me a slap if you see me there.

Zouk/Velvet, Balaclava are alright and so is Acid Bar. Do visit these cool places! Clubbing is only cool when you go with people who are like-minded. Discuss about issues and stuff. Make friends. Understand each other better. People-watch. Observe. Improve working relationships or build a basic foundation for that matter. Investigate the dirt on someone. Whatever!

To do -

1) Dress up - Nothing pisses me off to see people dressed horribly for a night out. If you wanna club, dress up. Tastefully. Or else stay at home and watch TV. Who taught you how to dress like that anyway?!

2) Leave the Singlish and Hokkien vulgarities at home. You don't have to slang like you just came back from overseas. Just BASIC ENGLISH! If you must, make sure I'm not around or pretend you don't know me. We know it takes a higher level of learning to reach "bloody f***" or "chow *******" for that matter but we dun need to know your level of intelligence.

3) Don't give a black face. If you're unhappy about something, fix it or go home. People come out to have a good time, not to see your kuku face, pamper u or cheer you up.

4) Make conversation. If you wanna rattle on and on about something, make sure they are at least interested to know. Or at least engage the audience or return the favour by chatting them up. Or else, talk to your teddy bear at home.

5) Be prepared to go home alone. If you happen to stay near someone who's driving, that's a bonus. Otherwise, spare a thought for others. Unless they offer to drive you home of coz.

6) If you're driving, prepare to send at least 3 persons who will 'magically' be 'along the way'. If you're lucky, you'll go home straight!

7) If you're the organiser, at least arrive early. Don't leave your friends waiting. If you're invited, don't keep them waiting as well before going in too. At least not for too long. *wink* We know what's fashionably late but even stars suck at fashion at times.


This is what I think and what I practice.

What about you?


0 Responses to “The Art of Clubbing”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from replica469. Make your own badge here.

Previous posts

Archives


Links